Is my business eligible for designation?
Employers wishing to participate in the Pilot must meet the following criteria to become designated:
- Have been in continuous, active operation under current management for at least two years in the Atlantic Region*.
- Be registered and in good standing with Service NL, CADO- Companies and Deeds Online;
- Be in good standing with Workplace Health, Safety and Compensation Commission (WHSCC) and the Labour Standards Division.
- Provide proof of labour needs and recruitment challenges (if applicable);
- Want to hire full-time, non-seasonal, international candidates; and
- Commit to working with a settlement service provider organization to meet the settlement needs of international candidates and their accompanying family member(s).
*Companies that may be relocating or expanding operations to Newfoundland and Labrador must be able to show proof of approval from the Department of Tourism, Culture, Industry and Innovation (TCII) that they support the company’s plans. Please contact our office for additional information.
Employers must complete the Employer Designation Application and Document Checklist and submit to our office to receive designation.